Hi Charlotte Moms!
School is out until August.
Don’t worry if you missed the deadline for summer camp.
There are plenty of free activities around town to keep your little ones busy.
Here are the top 50 free things to do with your kids in Charlotte today!
50 FREE , Family–friendly things to do with your kids in Charlotte NC this summer:
As a Charlotte Mom myself, I am constantly looking for things to do in Charlotte and the surrounding area. Especially during the summer when school is out:)
Summer camps are 1-2 week programs, so what’s next after summer camp is over?
Me personally, I create a weekly agenda to keep my kids busy.
We are Charlotteans who truly enjoys exploring Charlotte as a hobby.
There are so many fun places to explore free things do with your kids in Charlotte today and everyday!
1. Music at The Fountain | Stonecrest
2.Summer Music Series| Blakeney
3. Music & Movies On The Green| Promenade on Providence
4.Spring Concert Series| Shoppes at The University Place
5. Tega Cay Concert Series| Fort Mill – Tega Cay
6. Movies Under The Stars | Premium Outlets
7. Family Fun Nights | Mint Hill
8. Mingling on the Greens| Birkdale
9. Movies In The Park | Huntersville
10. Summer Entertainment Series | Kannapolis
11. Cantina 1511 – from 4pm-10pm Kids Eat Free
12. Rocky’s Pizza | Huntersville – every Tuesday Kids Eat Free
13. Mc Allister’s Deli – Tuesdays from 4pm-9pm kids eat free. Ages 12 & under. Dine in only.
14. Dilworth Neighborhood Grille – Monday-Thursday – kids eat and drink free
15. Matthews Food Truck Friday’s
16.Rea Farms – Bring your own food, watch a movie and have a picnic on the greenway!
17. Smashburger – Every Wednesday after 4pm | Cotswold Village, Park rd., Fort Mill
18. Tryon House Restaurant – Free kids’ meal with purchase of adult entree after 4pm.
19. Q Shack – kids eat free after 4pm
20. Crunch Bistro – on Sundays, kids eat free; includes kids’ entree, side and drink, with purchase of adult entree.
21. Explore Uptown Charlotte
22. New Gallery of Modern Art | 10am-6pm, Tuesday-Friday. Saturday, 11am- 5pm.
23. Go to the Mint Museum on Wednesdays from 5-9pm.
24. Schiele Museum Of Natural History – From 4pm-8pm every second Tuesday of the month, drive 15-20 minutes away from Charlotte into Gastonia.
25. Wells Fargo History Museum President
26. James K. Polk Historic Site Mc Coll Center for Art and Innovation
27. Museum Of The Alphabet | Waxhaw
28. ASC Culture Blocks : Art & Science
29. Imaginon. Terrific Tuesdays : Free shows for kids
30. First Ward Walking Tour
31. YouTube Yoga ?
32. Mountain Bike through Colonel J. Francis Beaty Park
33. Skate For Free at Kate’s
34. Make origami to stimulate creativity
35. Kids Bowl For Free All Summer (shoe rental required)
36. Free Swim Lessons at Double Oaks Family Aquatic Center
(register June 15th for ages 3-12)
37. Play tennis at Veterans Park
38. Walk your pet or hike at the White Water Center
39. Jog around Charlotte Premium Outlet
40. Kickball in the park
42. Volunteer at Shining Hope Farms (13 NC This Summer )
43. The SprayGrounds 10am-8pm. Captain Jack, Little Sugar Creek
44. Ramsey Creek Park : Public Beach in Lake Norman
45. Teach them how to cook their favorite dish
46. Set up an iPhone photoshoot in Southend
47. Check out the Free trolley schedule
48. Sculptures and parks in the city
49. Volunteer at the Humane Society
50. Freeze juice and make popsicles like in the 80’s.
With all these fun free things to do with your kids in Charlotte this summer… you shouldn’t have to worry about ‘breaking the bank’ to make summer plans exciting:)
Enjoy your summer! Please don’t forget to join our email list to receive exclusive discounts to your favorite places;)